Trinity Specialist College works with Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust, bringing physiotherapy and occupational therapy services to those students requiring support.
Every student has different physical needs. At Trinity Specialist College we tailor a physiotherapy programme specific to individual needs and goals. The physiotherapy treatments on offer help to:
- Increase muscle strength through strengthening and mobilisation exercises.
- Minimise abnormal patterns of movement through realignment and activation of muscles.
- Improve balance and mobility through assessment of different seating and mobility aids and postural re-education.
- Increase sensation through sensory stimulation.
- Reduce muscle stiffness, spasms and pain through stretching programmes.
- Reduce the risk of falls through balance work, gait re-education and training.