Summary of Child Protection Information for Visitors and Volunteers
Our college is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the young people entrusted to our care.
Our college will support all young people by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some young people may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with young people are well placed to identify such abuse.
At our college in order to protect our young people, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our young people feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Lindsay Harris
Mobile: 07984 728314 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Safeguarding Officer: Jodie Diver
Mobile: 07538 862473 Email: email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer: Amy Sturdy
Tel: 0121 354 5600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustee Safeguarding Lead: Amanda Daniels (Chief Educational Psychologist, Birmingham City Council)
Landline: 0121 378 3242
The Prevent Duty at Trinity Specialist College
The Prevent duty is the duty in the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 on specified authorities, in the exercise of their functions, to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
Designated Prevent Lead: Lindsay Harris
Mobile: 07984 728314